I started teaching myself programming when I was around 10 years old. Since then I made my hobby my profession:\ From IT over web frontend to Artificial Intelligence to computational genomic medicine.
There is so much more I want to learn!
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Data Science
- Evolutionary / Genetic Algorithms
- Multi-agent systems und negotiation
- Data Mining
- Computational Finance
- Natural language understanding
- Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, nltk
Bioinformatics / Genetic
- Genetic data pipelines (GENCODE/GTEx/…)
- Detection of rare genetic disease (splicing)
- Deep learning of raw DNA Sequences (SpliceAI)
- Cancer classification using protein expression
- Outlier detection
- Since 2019: PhD Student, University of Southampton
- 2019: Master of Science, Artificial Intelligence, University of Southampton
- 2018: Senior Web Engineer at NOLTE&LAUTH
- 2013-2018: Student employee IT / Web Engineer at NOLTE&LAUTH
- 2016: Bachelor of Science, Stuttgart Media University
- 2012: Abitur (German A levels)
- Trained Mediator
- Expert in knowledge transfer
- Scientific and learning-by-doing method
Projects, Customers, Studies
Artificial Intelligence and Bioinformatics
After being introduced to artificial intelligence by my computer science program, I wanted to get deeper into the subject. I’ve studied “MSc Artificial Intelligence” at the university of Southampton (UK). During the course I developed a new fascination for the theory of evolution, genetics, and molecular biology, which I want to deepen during my PhD program and connect with knowledge in machine learning and evolutionary algorithms. Currently I research on rare genomic diseases where mutations on the DNA disrupt splicing (a process during protein production) using deep learning.
My old life as a Web Engineer
With NOLTE&LAUTH, I used to work for clients from different environments, not to produce common web sites, but modern web experiences.
As senior web engineer I was part of the development team of ADVANTAGES for Mercedes-Benz and smart. ADVANTAGES is an internal retail platform that I developed 2016 in Angular and maintained afterwards. For Mercedes-Benz our web team and I have developed the Lifestyle Configurator. For smart I supported the team developing the smart online store.
Additionally I worked for other customers such as Aptamil (Danone), Postbank and KfW (both major German banks).
Projects as a Freelancer
As a freelancer I took care of the platform Digicruit, which means enhancing and rewriting major application parts. Digicruit was an online employment agency that matches companies and applicants through a sophisticated algorithm.
Furthermore I have developed a content management system for shop window presentations of the pharmacy Rosen-Apotheke Berlin.